Lions Club of Emu Park presents the 17th annual Festival of the Wind
Sunday 3rd April 2016 from 10AM
- Markets in Bell Park from 8am until 3p.m.
- Giant novelty kites flown by world champion kite flyers, all day
- Assemble decorate and fly your own kit kite for just $5.
- Free colouring competition for the little ones.
- Rides and Slides amusements open all day
10.00 a.m. Free Kite Clinics and Flying demonstration, ask at Kite Magic Marquee
10.00 a.m. Sand Sculpture competition opens. Free entry, great prizes.
11.30 a.m. Frisbee competitions. Free entry, great prizes
12 noon Official Opening by Mayor Bill Ludwig
1.00 p.m. Rokkaku fighting kite competition begins
1.00 p.m. Judging by Michelle Landry M.P., of the Sand Sculptures and awarding of prizes
2.00 p.m. Judging by Lion President Pete of colouring in competition
2.00 p.m. Rokkaku fighting kite competition final.
3.00 p.m. Beach Team Games – Great prizes for your team’s nominated charity
4.00 p.m. Sha’waza Dance Group
4.30 p.m. YUM – Yeppoon Ukelele Movement
5.00 p.m The Gospel Choir
5.30 p.m. Coastguard flare display
6.00 p.m. Festival of the Wind Raffle draw. Over $1,000 value in prizes.
6.30 p.m. Emu Park Community Bank Monster Fireworks